07 Aug EVA Update for 8-7-21
Good afternoon EVA family!
It’s here! Monday is the first day of school and we want it to be a great start for every family and student. Here are a few things that you can do to make the first day smooth and memorable.
- Pack up the books and backpack the night before. Everybody has plenty to bring to school on the first day. If your student has a locker, make sure they know that number or have it written down somewhere convenient.
- Set out that first day of school outfit the night before. EVA has a uniform dress code but decide which color combo you are going to go with on the first day. If you have ordered uniform shirts but they have not yet come in, just wear a solid school color (white, black, hunter green) polo with khaki pants or shorts until those come in.
- Get a great night of rest.
- Wake up in plenty of time to get ready, eat breakfast, and take those first day of school pictures.
- Parents and drivers- know where to go. Please take a look at the traffic map that is attached. ALL traffic must enter the campus through the entrances on Ingram Street during dropoff and pickup each day. The entrances off of Ramona Boulevard and Permento Avenue are exits only during this time. If you are going to walk your student into class, please park and do not leave your vehicle in any of the traffic lanes. EVA Traffic Map 2021-2022
- Students- know where your classroom is located. For elementary, you will start the day with your homeroom teacher. Middle and high school students will go to their first hour classes to start the day.
- Be friendly and flexible. Everybody has new classes, new classmates, new teachers, and new schedules. Please ask any teacher or member of the staff if you are not sure where to go next. Introduce yourself to a few people that you do not know.
- Be prepared for pickup. Monday is a half-day so grades K-6 dismiss at 11:30, and grades 7-12 dismiss at 11:50. Students in grade 4-12 can be picked up in the lanes between the gym and MS/HS building. Students in grades K-3 can be picked up at the east of end of the gym by the front office. Lower elementary parents/guardians should have their pickup card clearly displayed. The traffic pattern is the same for pickup as it is for dropoff. After-school care is available until 6pm.
- Grab some lunch and share how the day went.
- Get ready for Tuesday, the first full day of school. Remember to order lunch for Tuesday by noon on Monday if you would like hot lunch.
Enjoy the weekend and I hope this information is helpful. We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday.
Administrator, Eagle’s View Academy